Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred
A site to share your Reptile experiances & ask questions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Automatic watering
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index -> Feeder Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mwoxy
Contributing Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As I only have 4 MB1's on the rack, I have fitted the nozzles to some 1/4" weldmesh and simply placed them in the "bottle hole", crude but it works. I will add a picture soon. This does mean that the nozzle has to be removed every time the cage is removed from the rack....as there are only 4 this isn't an issue. A full rack of MB1's would be a pain, as we discussed on Saturday, the recommended way of attaching automatic watering to these boxes, is to drill a hole in the back of the box (reinforce by gluing a stainless washer on the inside), the nozzle (fixed at the back of the rack) then protrudes through this hole allowing easy servicing of each cage. I would block the water bottle hole, to stop babies escaping.

Cheers

Mark
Bri.
Key Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you get hit with import tax in the end ?
I've got a whole section on my own site about Edstrom valves and how to instal them in a drinking system. I use them myself for my chinchillas having found them a lot better than the normal UK equivalent. Make sure you buy spare O rings and valves though, not sure there is any where over here selling anything of similar size so should you ever need to change them in a rush you would have to order from the States.

Your set up looks similar to my own. Try to make sure you have no "dead" zones where the water will just sit and stagnate. Even though the tubing is black it will still go gunky with algae. You will need to clean it through with something like Miltons fluid every so often. Again instructions on my site. Check the valves every so often to make sure water is getting through as the valves tend to get blocked after a while.

Adding Vanodine to the system header tank helps prevent build up of gunk in the system and will help the "rodenty" smell Very Happy

Have you plumbed your header tank into your house water supply ? Saves hassle with lumping a big tank through from your tap.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index -> Feeder Forum All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: