Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred
A site to share your Reptile experiances & ask questions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Moss questions please
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index -> Amphibians
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jan O
Key Member

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been buying bags of Spanish Moss- that long witchy type of stuff- I pay a mere 1.99 for a huge bag, half the price of the plastic equivelant. Its brilliant stuff- grows anywhere, I have attached some to a piece of cork bark in the pygmy tank and its thriving, the little ones hide in it and its strong enough to support their weight too. I also grow my own moss on carpet squares in the garden. Dont know the latin name but its that shaggy lime green one!
Love Jan
Rickeezee
Site Moderator

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 3:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lily-pad wrote:
I have been buying bags of Spanish Moss- that long witchy type of stuff- I pay a mere 1.99 for a huge bag, half the price of the plastic equivelant. Its brilliant stuff- grows anywhere, I have attached some to a piece of cork bark in the pygmy tank and its thriving, the little ones hide in it and its strong enough to support their weight too. I also grow my own moss on carpet squares in the garden. Dont know the latin name but its that shaggy lime green one!
Love Jan

Sounds good to me Jan where do you get your Spanish Moss from please dont say Spain hehehhe.

Jan O
Key Member

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi RICK, Dont know if Im allowed to name the place where I bought it, but its a well known site whose intitials are C.C..The quality and quantity is really good and as I said earlier, the living stuff is cheaper than the nasty hard scratchy plastic one!
love Jan
PS the clump that I attached to the cork bark is romping away and when its misted it goes a lovely green colour- any unused can be get kept alive just by placing the whole clump in water.
Mememe
Site Moderator

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.cornishcrispa.co.uk/product_info.php?cPath=21_285&products_id=2696

this?
Cool

No man is an Island. Except the Isle of Man.
Rickeezee
Site Moderator

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lily-pad wrote:
Hi RICK, Dont know if Im allowed to name the place where I bought it, but its a well known site whose intitials are C.C..The quality and quantity is really good and as I said earlier, the living stuff is cheaper than the nasty hard scratchy plastic one!
love Jan
PS the clump that I attached to the cork bark is romping away and when its misted it goes a lovely green colour- any unused can be get kept alive just by placing the whole clump in water.

Cheers Jan you mean the corny crisp company I assume Wink

I am hooking up with Mathew next week, nice one cheers.

Rickeezee
Site Moderator

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mememe wrote:
http://www.cornishcrispa.co.uk/product_info.php?cPath=21_285&products_id=2696

this?
Cool

wowowowowwhahahahahhaaaha That is one of the things I am collecting durring the week, hahahahhahaha. Shocked Shocked Laughing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index -> Amphibians All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: