Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred
A site to share your Reptile experiances & ask questions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Ackie observations
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index -> Monitors - big & small!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Scott W
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2004 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Young reds mating (or trying too) the female is tiny as you can see by the kitchen roll tube in the background
Scott W
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2004 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

another shot, his been pinning them down since I put him back in with the two females.
Scott W
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2004 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm gonna give the mouse shredding a try tonight, I'll let you know what sort of mess it makes Paul Laughing
Herpetology-Exchange
Contributing Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2004 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I reckon that it will be a nightmare but let is know still think the minced rabit is easier and will achive the same kind of results though!
Herpetology-Exchange
Contributing Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2004 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I lost 3 out of the 5 ackies I bought not to long ago they appeared to have gone into a burrow box and basically stayed there untill they died they were fine in terms of no obvius signs of injusry or illness all had good body weight etc the temps in the box may have caused them to slow down to the point that they stopped and died but I find that hard to understand I raised them in the same fashion as my orginal ackies and they all made it well enough but the fact remains 3 are dead and they look as if they simply went into the egg box and didnt come ot again... ive got many ideas on what might have happend and why it might have happend but basically they all lead to the smae result that I have learnt not to offer burrow boxes to yung ackies or this could happen! this lesson was at the exspense of loseing 3 of them which sucks but there you go nowt to be done about it now other than not allow it to happen again? anyway just thought I would share that with you and maybe stop somone from making the same mistake?
Scott W
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2004 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Paul,
sharing what goes wrong is even more important than sharing what goes right, it's a shame alot of people are too embrassed to admit any failures.
Herpetology-Exchange
Contributing Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2004 2:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

we all cock up dont we !

Not going to stop ackies burrowing but am going to make sure I dont allow this to happen again by ensureing they have a better way out of the egg box!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index -> Monitors - big & small! All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: