Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred
A site to share your Reptile experiances & ask questions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hatchling Update - VERY picture heavy!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index -> Geckos - ALL species
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dracowoman2
Captivebred Colonel

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 2:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the expert eye Jas, I thought the 'normals' weren't quite normal, it will be interesting to see how they develop as they grow up. I will try and get some pictures possibly tomorrow of the parent group. There a re 6 females and 4 males in total in the group and I paid £200 total for all of them, so it looks like it could be more of a bargain than I thought Very Happy What would be my best option for proving them out? I have no idea which females laid which eggs or which males fathered them for that matter Laughing I think some of the females were gravid when I got them, and a little on the skinny side, but are fattening up now. I plan to keep pretty much every hatchling from this season anyway, I'm hoping most of these guys in the pictures will actually turn out to be girls, and it will be interesting to see what else emerges out of their eggs Very Happy The albinos are looking nice, adn I see what you mean about the colour on the band on them, I noticed it but wasn't 100% sure what I was looking at, it's actually more gut instinct at this point. Next season I may use the tang albino male and put him to the female hets from my group, or any tang males that result from his blood line. Be nice is I accidentally produce a ghost Laughing Not holding my breath on that one though Laughing I have to say the yellow colour on the hets is very bright and they are such cute funny little things, much smaller than the leo hatchlings, but then they seem to eat a little bit less than the leos as well at this point anyway, the leos all just seem to have an arogant streak Laughing

You showing your age there Jamie Wink Thanks for the vote Jamie Very Happy Hope the snake gods smile on me next season as well, I have quite and interesting breeding plan in the works with the balls for next season, looks like a military operation on my white boards here Laughing Think dad's army with all the arrows and little soldiers etc Laughing Have to say I love the fatties, so much different to the leos, and yes they do all appear to be mack snows, I think we are going to be over run by mack snow this season, my sons super mack snow has been rather busy, and no matter what female we put him to the eggs seem to be popping out mack snows Laughing So far he's had a hybino, high yellow, 2 hypos, a triple het (tremper, bell, patternless) and so far all mack snows Laughing Guess it's the old dominant gene at work Laughing My Giant red stripe outcrosses are now together and my blizzard pair as well, so we should get somethign that's not black an white coming out of an egg, I do rather like the mack snows though, Satan is mad (the one witht he 2 white dots on it's head) and the couple with more white on them I'm rather fond of.

Question as well, is it safe for me to put my male giant to my other 4 normal sized females? I'm assuming it is, I'm just a little concerned about the size difference as his mouth is about the size of their heads Laughing He's a really gentle giant, but he might get carried away and forget what he's doing Laughing They are all double het for bino by the way both bell and tremper and all sisters as well, they should be nicely over minimum breeding weight next month.

Embarassed War and peace again Laughing

"Life without animals isn't life, they give much and take little"

Claire
jamie_s
Site Moderator

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah fire the male giant in with your normals.ive mated my super giant male with normal female's and he's a lurver not a fighter when he's round the ladies Wink
Dracowoman2
Captivebred Colonel

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Jamie, I thought it was safe I just needed to make sure, didn't fancy headless geckos Laughing I want to eventually end up with all giants and super giants I think more so than the normals, but we'll see Wink

Claire
Jas
Captivebred Communist

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Claire i didnt realise you had so many breeder fat tails i thought you just had the tangerine male and as you produced some albino's thought you had either albino or het females, thats why i thought all the non albino's were hets. But looking at the colour of them i would say the one in pic 8,9,10 is a het, the others only time will tell. Wink
Dracowoman2
Captivebred Colonel

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got a group of 10 at the moment Jas, and the two amel adults are actually my daughters. Soem of the leos in the pictures are mine and the others belong to my 8 year old, as the super now male is his as are 2 females. I've got pictures of the group of 10 now and some of the amel parents, just need to finishing sizing them down then will add them into here later and you can have a look at the 'normal' adults I have. They do still look a little slimmer than I would like really, but they have gained weight whilst producing eggs, so I think they will be ok.

Will drop you another PM shortly Jas and get things sorted Wink

Claire
PSGeckos
I'm new here...

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awwww bless, loving those fatties.

Really nice gex you have there Smile
Captivebred Colonel

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Very Happy Welcome to the forum as well, nice to see you over here from over on the other forum Wink

Claire
spookje/ghost
Key Member

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

coool cooool cooool . love the fattails, all the colour variations, and lovely geckos. great colurs as wel, or are black and white, not coluors Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
teratoscincus keyserlingii 3.4
teratoscincus scincus 1.2
teratoscincus prezwalski 2.1
teratoscincus roborowski 2.2.2,
4.4 geckonia chazalia
paroedura picta 4.10
Dracowoman2
Captivebred Colonel

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love the fatties as well, they are so much calmer than the leos, well the normal sized ones, the giants are slow plodders. Just trying to upload more piccies to Photobucket, it's taking a while though as I have images to put into a few different forum headings Confused Laughing

Claire
Dracowoman2
Captivebred Colonel

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally got photobucket to play nicely Rolling Eyes here are the parents of the fat tail babies, hope you like photos Embarassed

My particular favourites are th eones in pics 3,4 & 5 and number 8 which looks all ghostly normally but I think is curently in shed so the picture doesn't work very well.

Claire
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index -> Geckos - ALL species All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: