Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred
A site to share your Reptile experiances & ask questions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Reptile Taxi ?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ally
Key Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The other option, is to hang on and see if they get a few other people that might want deliveries on the same route - that makes it cheaper, but you can't guarantee that it will work that way!

I agree with everyone else, they're great girls and I was dead impressed with the service. Although I did make them even later by offering tea!
Al Stotton
CaptiveBred Addict!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reptile Taxi is THE only service i can fully recommend personally especially after readin all kinds of crazy tales re: other couriers.

I guess its down to how bad you want the animal/s at the end of the day,and if you have the time/inclination to travel personally via train or car.

Also bear in mind the costs of say having to travel to Hamm or Holland to get new stock,as a lot of herpers on here need to do at some point in time.

RGDS.........AL
martinb20
Contributing Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

true i see your point, but the thing is i havent really got that money spare at the moment as building the rack buying the boxes and other stuff has mounted up and £100 to derliver a £40 lizard seems not worth it to me just have to find some one closer to me Kent area
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Ally
Key Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You could try Gremlin Rides, but it's not going to change the distance, the price may well be the same!
mcfluffin
CaptiveBred Addict!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another option is taking national express coaches. They run reeeeally cheap trips to major cities, sometimes for as little as a quid one way! I think they're called fun fares or something...
Captivebred Communist

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or megabus.com
Lynne

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i got a quote from them once to bring a snake from birmingham to kincardine in fife. that was £110. was all ready to get them to do it and the guy delivered the snake himself. would use them in the future though. i think they are well worth it.
H.S.
Key Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have just checked the distance, 190miles one way. So I would guess £100 to be a fair amount to charge. I guess it depends on how important that particular animal is. You have mentioned it is for a £40 lizard, so I am guessing it's probably something that you could find closer to home for a similar amount or at least less than £140, which is what this particular lizard is going to cost once you have had it collected.
Even driving yourself, your probably looking at about £50-£60 in petrol, eating expenses and a couple of quid through the tunnel.
martinb20
Contributing Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well i think i have just found a few people who live in Canterbury which is like 20min drive from me with the kind of lizards i want so that seem much better it will only cost me like £5 in fuel Smile
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
H.S.
Key Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

martinb20 wrote:
well i think i have just found a few people who live in Canterbury which is like 20min drive from me with the kind of lizards i want so that seem much better it will only cost me like £5 in fuel Smile

Should have said, i'll be Canterbury today, I could have picked it up for you. Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index -> General All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: