Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred
A site to share your Reptile experiances & ask questions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New CB Moderators
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index -> CaptiveBred Reptile Forums- News - Q&A & Rules - PLEASE READ
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Scott W
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 8:41 am    Post subject: New CB Moderators Reply with quote

I'd like to welcome on board 4 new moderators to the captivebred reptile forums team.
MJ (Paul), Lol93 (Louise) KroakyKaren (Karen) & mememe (Tom).

They will be helping to keep the board running smooth, deleting all those spammers (Britney & pills Evil or Very Mad ) & pointing out any rules & good forum etiquette to our members.

They will also help us to ensure that posts for help get answered, either directly or *bumped* so that someone experianced can help out.

We will also be adding a couple more mods very soon...watch this space Wink

Can MJ, lol93, KroakyKaren & mememe post on this thread a little about themselves, ie what they currently keep and what are their main interests.

Thanks again for accepting the roles Wink

Please DO NOT pm orders for reptiles, send email instead scott@captivebred.co.uk

Last edited by Scott W on Fri Dec 22, 2006 10:47 am; edited 3 times in total
lol93
Site Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm Louise from Glasgow, and my interest in reptiles was a natural progression from fishkeeping as a child. I started off in the early 80's with a couple of wall lizards, a green lizard and a dice snake, along with various amphibians.

Recently (about 2 years ago) I got back into it again after seeing a yemen cham in a pet shop and falling in love.

At the moment we have in our collection
1.0 Royal Python
0.1 Dumerils Boa
1.1 BRB's
1.1 Childrens Python
1.0 Yemen Chameleon
1.1 Chinese Water Dragons
0.1 Iguana
0.1 Corn snake
1.0 Tokay Gecko
1.0 Boa Constrictor
2.2 Savu Island Pythons
1.1 Costa Rican Boa
0.0.1 Asian Water Monitor

Boas and pythons are my thing as far as snakes go, and we are hoping to breed our savus next year. I would also like to get into more locality pure boas.

Anyway, enough rambling on about myself-I'm delighted to be joining the moderating team here , and look forward to contributing to the forum.

Thanks!

Louise Laughing
Scott W
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks Louise, good luck on the savu's I remember seeing savu's when they were first imported couldn't believe how stunning they were.

Please DO NOT pm orders for reptiles, send email instead scott@captivebred.co.uk
Rickeezee
Site Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations everyone.

MJ
Site Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HI every one!

I’m Paul. I live in outer London/

I had a varied collection of herps back in my teen years from around 13 until I was 19 and then moved to the states.

My main area of interest right now is PDF’s and the natural terrariums they are kept in. I have worked with Dart frogs for near on 11 years with maybe a 6 month break in that time.
I own and run urban bromeliad which is a plant/terrarium sales site built around a hobby I love.

Soon when things settle down I am sure the geckos and snakes will work their way back into my life so I’m very glad to be a part of this wonderful forum.

Many thanks to the admin and mods who do an awesome job already I hope to live up to the standards they have set thru their hard work and dedication to the hobby.

For all your Tropical plant and Naturalistic Vivarium needs please enjoy Urban Bromeliad
Rickeezee
Site Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well said Paul welcome to the mod team.

Your rubber chicken and mask will be delivered in a plain brown envelope.

MJ
Site Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fantastic I will now have a double set Very Happy

For all your Tropical plant and Naturalistic Vivarium needs please enjoy Urban Bromeliad
Rickeezee
Site Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MJ wrote:
Fantastic I will now have a double set Very Happy

May the N.A.P.B.U. live long and prosper! Wink

Peter Parrot
Site Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Louise, great to have you on board. That`s an interesting and varied collection you have and you`re animals always look very well looked after on your posts. Welcome aboard. Wink

Paul, good to have you on board as well mate, more than anything for your bat courier services! Laughing Seriously , it`s nice to have a bit more knowledge on board for the dart frog people. Wink

Karen, really pleased to see you here too. I know what a high standard of animal care that you set with your collection and with you`re sense of humour also you should be able to cope with us lot! Razz Laughing

Tom, glad you`ve joined the team. You`ve already been doing the job for some time of answering quite a few people`s questions on geckoes etc with some great posts so welcome aboard . Cool

Great to have some more help with all the spammers too, so remember; WE REALLY WANNA SEE THOSE FINGERS! Laughing
Visit our website - Gwelwch ein Gwefan
www.btcvcymru.org
Llinell Gymorth / Helpline: 08702 40 48 41
Mememe
Site Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I live in Surrey, and I currently keep a male cresty and a pair of bearded pygmy chams, which you all probably know already Rolling Eyes ).

I have only been keeping herps about a year and a quarter, and have already run out of room for more, so no doubt there will be a bed and TV on the classifieds soon to make room for more!

I also have a bit of experience with other herps (basic stuff really) as I volunteer at a herp rescue/mini zoo..thing Shocked .

Thanks to CB for my promotion Laughing

No man is an Island. Except the Isle of Man.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index -> CaptiveBred Reptile Forums- News - Q&A & Rules - PLEASE READ All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: