Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred
A site to share your Reptile experiances & ask questions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Exeter Show
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index -> Upcoming Shows / Events & reviews of previous reptile expos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rickeezee
Site Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 8:13 am    Post subject: Exeter Show Reply with quote

The show was not as large as I thought it would be. But it did have a reasonable variety of herps for sale. Quite a few interesting insects about. Chris got some some wicked leaf insects, wish I had now! Laughing

Pete Parrot got some nice Mexican blacks (snakes), some milk frogs, Senegalese chams and stump tail pygmy chams.

I managed to restrain myself and bought quite a few bits n pieces Laughing .

The only thing that spoiled the show for me was these guys trading from the back of a white van in the centre of the show. Mainly snakes and some Yemen's. Before you could say butter me some toast, the guy just grabbed one of the male chams, from above, bad move as this is how they are grabbed when predated! Wrenched it of it's branches which it was clinging to for dear life then shoved the poor thing under my nose.

Then he grabbed a gravid female in the same manner. I walked of in disgust, all the chams by the this point were hissing and turning black with stress!

I am glad to say the rest of the traders were treating their herps with respect.

Met some interesting German traders although their were some views that the guys were Russian. They had some very unusual and unmarked stuff up for sale! Hmmmm.

Managed to meet Chris 955i, Ryan (sorry forgot your username on here), Daryll and Paul from Dendro world, Lee Beardie Barmie and Peter Parrot who I have bought home with me and am planning to release him back into the wild soon when he is no longer a threat to society. All nice guys!

The parrot and I went back to Chris's afterwards for a barbie q! Had a good craic! Nice one Chris cheers for your hospitality Very Happy

Then a long drive home, had left Kent at 5am that morning, and hit exeter at 9am, eventually got home at 4am the following morning.

MJ
Site Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For a first show I thought they did a very nice job, except they forgot to look after the back door so a few dodgy blokes got in Wink

Lots of snakes and lizards around very few Amphibians.

The trading out of the white truck made my stomach churn its sad to think these people got in.

The German guys were different I'll leave it at that Laughing

Staying at Chris's place was a blast and it was great fun meeting Peter and Rick who turned out to be like minded people (how do I had a disclaimer to this about some of Peters mind? Wink )

Looking forward to seeing you guys at many more show in the future.

For all your Tropical plant and Naturalistic Vivarium needs please enjoy Urban Bromeliad
peaches
CaptiveBred Addict!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I enjoyed the show, thought there was quite a wide variety for sale, was nice to meet a few of the various forums, shame I didn't meet you guys, I can walk up to people that have posted their pics but just guessing I find rather hard. Confused

You lot should really post more pics of your selves up so I don't miss you next time Shocked Very Happy
Pollywog
Key Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
some milk frogs,

Make sure to get plenty of food into them as they tend to have a habit of not eating.
Quote:
Lots of snakes and lizards around very few Amphibians

That's cus the show is too early in the year, most things are still tadpoles or only just starting to breed for me. If these open shows happen again next year I'll alter my winter cycling periods to get more going earlier.
Quote:
The German guys were different I'll leave it at that

I think the German guys really let the show down - It's a shame they were importers and not breeders, some of their animals were in terrible condition especially the amphibians - I was unfortunate enough to be on the table next to one of them so got to see all the dead animals in the bottom of the box Sad
sales@pollywog.co.uk
beardie barmy
CaptiveBred Addict!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i got to see rick and Mr parrot both were a pleasure to meet. rick loves a deal hes got some talent in bring the prices down Wink Mr parrot bought a temp gun witch he said he was going to use on rick in an unusual manner later that evening Laughing . seriously though i liked the show just could not fined what i was looking for. the pubs and clubs was highly enjoyable to Very Happy
Mememe
Site Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe transit van driving Germans shall be banned next year?

No man is an Island. Except the Isle of Man.
cass
Captivebred Communist

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rick pete parrot temp gun = u dont wanna know lol
beardie barmy
CaptiveBred Addict!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

one things for sure the temp would of been unbearable Laughing
cass
Captivebred Communist

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hahahahah fair play lee Very Happy
Scott W
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like an overall sucess, well done to the organisers.

I couldn't make the show as I was on holiday although as it turns out I drove thru Exeter on saturday so I wished I had the address with me Sad

Rick, how many traders and visitors compared to the BRAS show?

Please DO NOT pm orders for reptiles, send email instead scott@captivebred.co.uk
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index -> Upcoming Shows / Events & reviews of previous reptile expos All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: