Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred
A site to share your Reptile experiances & ask questions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Problem: Vanishing World
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index -> Breeder / Suppliers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cbq
I'm new here...

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 5:35 pm    Post subject: Problem: Vanishing World Reply with quote

I have known of this shop for several years now. It only had a small reptile section but this has been expanded over the last few years. On my latest visit I did not feel that all animals were in correct set-ups and several animals appeared unwell.

I have not seen it looking so bad before and I hope that it will be improved for the future.
Rickeezee
Site Moderator

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is this the Vanishing World just outside Herne Bay in Kent that you refer to?

cbq
I'm new here...

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep.
garysumpter
CaptiveBred Addict!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree, the shop does not look after its animals properly.

I refuse to shop there.

Gary

http://www.sitewonders.co.uk
gary@sitewonders.co.uk
penfold
Key Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi there I'm new to this Ive been a hobbyist for about 15 years now i keep many animals which i keep and breed successfully IE;emerald tree boas ,chameleons ,dwarf rtics, albino boas ,normal boas ,,hogg islands tortoises ,to name a few so i thought i would look into this forum lark imagine my surprise when i find people slagging of my animals of at work with such broad statements as to say i do not look after them properly (maybe slander)but we will approach it a different way please tell me what you think i can do to improve it @penfold.matthews@tiscali.co.uk i have many happy customers including Ur very own rick from ricks reptiles as he has been a valid customer over the last year buying lots of live stock so they cant be that bad we hope we have not upset anybody cheers terry(most upset) Crying or Very sad
Scott W
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

penfold wrote:
hi there I'm new to this Ive been a hobbyist for about 15 years now i keep many animals which i keep and breed successfully IE;emerald tree boas ,chameleons ,dwarf rtics, albino boas ,normal boas ,,hogg islands tortoises ,to name a few so i thought i would look into this forum lark imagine my surprise when i find people slagging of my animals of at work with such broad statements as to say i do not look after them properly (maybe slander)but we will approach it a different way please tell me what you think i can do to improve it @penfold.matthews@tiscali.co.uk i have many happy customers including Ur very own rick from ricks reptiles as he has been a valid customer over the last year buying lots of live stock so they cant be that bad we hope we have not upset anybody cheers terry(most upset) Crying or Very sad

Hi Terry,
Welcome, sorry your first post is on the back of negative comments, glad to see the way you have approached it.

Can I just confirm that you would like any replies via email or are you happy for them to be on this thread?

Please DO NOT pm orders for reptiles, send email instead scott@captivebred.co.uk
garysumpter
CaptiveBred Addict!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been to the shop twice and found it to be rather dirty, both the shop floor and the individual enclosures.

That is my personal experience.

I know of others that have been there and come back less than impressed.

I hope that I just came on 2 bad days, but unfortunately the shop is now tarred with a dirty brush for me.

I am not here to sleander anyone, more to offer honest opinions.

Gary

http://www.sitewonders.co.uk
gary@sitewonders.co.uk
Peter Parrot
Site Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I too have visited this premises and have an opinion. I am not going to express it currently however out of respect to what Scott has just said. I do think that all should wait for the owner to respond to Scott`s question of whether he would like to continue with the thread or make it more private. As he is currently at work with no PC access we should at least have the decency to allow him time to do so.

All I will say at this stage is that after visiting the premises on three occasions, no it does not need closing down. Improvements could be made however, but can we all please respect the owner`s wishes and give him the opportunity and the time at least to express them.
Visit our website - Gwelwch ein Gwefan
www.btcvcymru.org
Llinell Gymorth / Helpline: 08702 40 48 41
MJ
Site Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Slander = spoken word
libel = written word

For all your Tropical plant and Naturalistic Vivarium needs please enjoy Urban Bromeliad
H.S.
Key Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I visit the shop quite often, I have also purchased animals from this shop.
I have not yet had any cause for concern.

Most of the times I visit, the reptiles are having their water changed and I have to dance around that taking place. I have witnessed the floor being swept and enclosures being cleaned. There is always food available for the Cricket feeders and the Salad munchers.
I have also had long discussions in the store with regards to care for various reptiles and found it to be consistent with caresheets and other written material.
They even have little caresheets on the vivarium labels, as opposed to just writing on the glass with a marker pen the species and price, which is the norm for Reptile stores.

I will say that I have seen brighter places, and they may not win any awards for best shop design of the year, but the livestock has always seemed healthy and the animals I and others have purchased is all fine and healthy.

I want to state that I am not a personal friend of anybody who works at Vanishing World, however, I treat it as my 'local' store, even though I have a 45minute drive to get there, when I could visit stores much nearer.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index -> Breeder / Suppliers All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: