Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred
A site to share your Reptile experiances & ask questions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Storri
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index -> Monitors - big & small!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Thomas Shanta
CaptiveBred Addict!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 1:21 pm    Post subject: Storri Reply with quote

Here some pics of my storri,their looking really red at the moment even the male.The males looking huge and has been pestering the female non-stop,she rejected his advances once to many which resulted in him taking a good bite of her but this appears to of healed up nicely.

The female having a soak.
Scott W
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

looking good Thomas, plenty of weight on them.

Please DO NOT pm orders for reptiles, send email instead scott@captivebred.co.uk
jim_radley
CaptiveBred Addict!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great monitors. How much do Storrs go for these days?
Thomas Shanta
CaptiveBred Addict!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Scott,yeah their eating fine and i've spoken to Brandon Van Aston just to see if he had any tips on getting eggs from Storri,you probably know this already but he does'nt use egg boxes but has 6inches of granite loam as substrate so they can pick their own nesting site.Unfortunatly I can't do that as my viv only allows me to use 3inches of substrate and I can't find granite loam anywhere so I've opted for a big uncoved plastic box and 6-8 inches of play sand.I'll give it a few months and if I have'nt got any eggs then i'll make a viv that allows me to use a deep substrate.I don't really want to disturb them by moving them again,as they appear to be quite settled.
Thomas Shanta
CaptiveBred Addict!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Jim ,I paid 1000 for an adult pair Scotts has some 05 for 350each and Crystal palace have a proven pair of 03 i think for 1900.
jim_radley
CaptiveBred Addict!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Thomas. That's around the price I expected. Crystal Palaces prices are a bit steep when it comes to Dwarf monitors. £1695 For a proven adult pair of Red Ackies that is ridculously expensive in my opinion. I could buy a pair of Fiji Iguanas for that.
Scott W
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thomas, Have you cooled them down at all?, must of settled in enough for breeding this year.

I do have 3 storri available, thinking they are 1.2.

Jim, my adult reds I have for sale are around the same price as Darren's, they were very expensive to import but are a great new bloodline and well worth it to any serious monitor breeder.

Please DO NOT pm orders for reptiles, send email instead scott@captivebred.co.uk
jim_radley
CaptiveBred Addict!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They're actually £2695 not £1695. I agree that a new bloodline is well worth it, Darren just hasn't mentioned in the description of the pair. Got any Ackie hatchlings on the way?
Scott W
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've some grown on ackies, these are Canadian blood line too, yellows. Pm if you're interested.

I was going to say....£1695 was actually cheaper than mine....lol..infact that's cheaper than the cost of importing them....lol...

Thomas Shanta
CaptiveBred Addict!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scott,I went on your advise and did'nt cycle them, could'nt find anyone else who bothered either.I can't see any reason why they would'nt bred this year appart from maybe the next box/substrate,we'll see.
I would highly recomend this species to anyone looking for a small monitor,they don't seem to realise how small they are,these lizards have huge personalitys. Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index -> Monitors - big & small! All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: