Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred
A site to share your Reptile experiances & ask questions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Advice needed
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index -> Chameleons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Alex De Large
I've settled in...

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 5:52 pm    Post subject: Advice needed Reply with quote

So basically I ordered a new chameleon vivarium from viv builder many months ago. I then decided to cancel this order as they were taking too long and just kept telling me it would be there the following week every time I called them up about it.

When I had cancelled the order I never received my refund, so i rang them up twice about it. The second time I called they said that all refunds were made the day before I rang and that it should be in my account within 3-5 days. They also told me that they aren't trading anymore.

Anyway it has been over 5 days and I still have no refund Sad

Does anyone have any advice on where to go from here? Or how I could get my money back?

I'm quite annoyed about the whole thing really, didn't think they would mess me about like this.

Anyway if anyone can offer any advice then it would be most appreciated

Thanks
kroakykaren
Site Moderator

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry you are having all this trouble Alex, and even sorrier i have no good advice to give, have they gone bankrupt?
Key Member

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to hear this. If you paid with a credit card then speak to them. You could well get your money back from them if not too much time has elapsed. Not sure about any other payment method.

Hope this helps.

Go-on Have a Look...
http://www.mycampage.com/chameleon
Terry-rhac.cil
Contributing Member

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Take the company to traiding standards or just tell them you will and inqiure if a solicitor will send a letter to them Smile other than that get it touch with the bank if it is by card
Alex De Large
I've settled in...

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 2:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did pay by card yes, but what can the bank do if I speak to them?

I have no idea if they've gone bankrupt or not

I'm going to try ringing them again this week and hopefully they'll sort my refund out Confused
ClactonJoe
Key Member

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 4:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it was a bank card then the bank won't refund BUT if it was a CREDIT CARD then the credit card company will help and usually refund quite quickly

The biggest problem here is the time scale. Most credit card companies give you about 3 months to make a claim.

A credit card means you brought it with someone else's money but a bank card means the money was yours. ( Like a debit card where the money comes straight out of your account).

Not quite the same but I brought a laptop once wth a CREDIT CARD and left the laptop on a train 'by accident'.
Barclaycard refunded the price of the laptop which was £1400 at the time.
They do a similar thing if you use your CREDIT CARD to buy something and the company goes bust before you receive your goods/services.

Call up the company and they will tell you if you can claim.

Go-on Have a Look...
http://www.mycampage.com/chameleon
captainmerkin
Key Member

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

refunds to cards take a little longer than bank transfers, 7 - 60 days in some occasions.

If you paid by credit card thats usually quicker.

I would allow at least 2 weeks grace in all honesty, though it may sound like ages it will probably get there IF they did refund it!
Alex De Large
I've settled in...

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used a debit card to pay for it.

I just think that if i leave it that long, then when I try to contact them no one may answer as they've stopped trading Confused

I just have one of those feelings that I'm never gonna get my money back but hopefully they'll surprise me and it will be in my account this week
Brew
Contributing Member

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Speak to the card's issuing bank, if it was paid by mail order (i.e you didn't sign your visa slip or verify by pin) you have the right to claim your money back, as they have not supplied the goods, basically retailers don't have a leg to stand on in these type of circumstances. The only way you won't get your money back is if they have gone into administration or gone bankrupt.

Btw it doesn't take any longer to receive a refund onto a debit or credit card, it should show in your account the day after a refund is done whichever card it is. It seems they simply haven't done it. Get onto your bank straight away a claim a refund.
Alex De Large
I've settled in...

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I rang viv builder up yesterday and was told that the book keeper is dealing with all the refunds and they said that they don't know when the money Will be in my account.

Pfft Confused
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index -> Chameleons All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: