Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred
A site to share your Reptile experiances & ask questions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

might be getting a royal this afternoon

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index -> Snakes - General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mark
Captivebred Communist

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2005 12:53 pm    Post subject: might be getting a royal this afternoon Reply with quote

right ive spoken to someone today who has a royal the person sounds a right numpty and i think im going to rescue it going to meet the lad this afternoon when he told me that he cant be arsed with it anymore and i asked him what he was using for heaters etc and he told me just a house hold bulb Shocked i thought to myself sounds like this snakes getting the raw end in life so im going to rescue it all goes well tobehonest id like to also lay 1 on him Evil or Very Mad
Dan
Captivebred Communist

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2005 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can i suggest that you find someone else to take the royal on. For the last week or so you have been asking basic questions about keeping them. This to me says you are not yet ready to buy one let alone rescue one.
You may think you are doing the right thing but in the long run this could be a huge mistake for the snake in question.

The future is bright, the future is a net like pattern.................

I'm NOT an expert, so if you don't want to know my opinion don't ask!!
mark
Captivebred Communist

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2005 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i already know abit about them matey most of the questions i have asked was mainly to get peoples veiws as ive said in other posts everybody has different opinions im 26 not some kid joker and i will give this snake a brillant home and have the money to look after it Wink so cheers for your concern Confused
Jamesg
Contributing Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2005 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No offence cossie but dans right.

If you have a mistreated non-feeding royal your going to have a fight on your hands.

You should be aware you may have to start its feeding off witha force feed. I dont recommened this, but if it doesn't eat due to its present conditions, this may be the only way of sparking its feeding response.

edit: also this isn't a question of your ability to look after an animal, and not mistreat it. But 'rescuing' any snake, is a big task which requires more then the 'basic' knowledge.
Scott W
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2005 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is the snake still feeding? If not, when was the last time it fed?

If it still feeds fine then you shouldn't have any problems if the snake has no health issues (other than a bored owner!).

Just remember, to get the viv set up correctly in advance, leave the snake totally alone until it has feed a few times (just give the snake a thorough check when you first collect it).

Please DO NOT pm orders for reptiles, send email instead scott@captivebred.co.uk
mark
Captivebred Communist

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2005 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

no worries anyway the lads gone awol now Crying or Very sad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index -> Snakes - General All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: