Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred
A site to share your Reptile experiances & ask questions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Just how noisy ARE crickets?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index -> Feeder Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pyrockat
Contributing Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 12:36 am    Post subject: Just how noisy ARE crickets? Reply with quote

Bit of an odd question this Laughing but I'm moving into a new flat and my flatmate-to-be has a beardie. Our landlady couldnt give a damn about the beardie, she was going to let the last tenants have a cat so a wee lizard in a tank is no big deal...but I'm concerned she hasnt thought the cricket thing through. Are they loud enough for the neighbours to hear them (bearing in mind the walls wont be all that thick)? Wondering if its worth asking my flatmate to switch to locusts...but then they cost loads more Sad. And if I suggested cockroaches she'd probably cry. Twisted Evil
Scott W
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

crickets are quite load, especially if you're not used to them, try silent brown crickets (still make a noise but not as loud) and also buy the size 'below' adults as that way you won't have any mature enough to be able to chirp Wink

Please DO NOT pm orders for reptiles, send email instead scott@captivebred.co.uk
negri
CaptiveBred Addict!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ive had crickets in my house for over a year and as long as the door is shut in the room that they are kept i cant hear them in other rooms of the house .

also the only time i noticed the noise was for one month in the summer . must have been because of the extra heat . .

i mainly use the black crickets too though as along with the browns being noisier they are also quicker and jumpier .

Crested Geckos 1:7:4 + 8 Eggs
White Treefrogs 0:1:0
Green Anole 0:0:1
Fire Belly Toads 5:6:0
Bearded Dragon 0.1.0
Leopard Geckos 1.1.2
Albino Cali King 1.1.0
And a Fish Called George...
Pyrockat
Contributing Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys...I'm not sure if our local shop stocks quiet ones, or whether she'd be happy ordering them offline if not, but I'll try and get her to buy the blacks instead.
JStroud
Site Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scott W wrote:
and also buy the size 'below' adults as that way you won't have any mature enough to be able to chirp Wink

In theory!! Laughing
Rickeezee
Site Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Black crickets nasty swines nibble at yer herps!

I have crickets all over my house noisy things but am used to it now.

Lobster roaches now they are a great feeder item and like ninjas very quiet!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index -> Feeder Forum All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: