Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred
A site to share your Reptile experiances & ask questions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

non-reccomended exotic-pets

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index -> Breeder / Suppliers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
darren.j.b
Key Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 4:50 pm    Post subject: non-reccomended exotic-pets Reply with quote

i have recently (Monday 20Th) ordered two Colombian rainbow boas from here and emailed them too but i have had no response and they have also removed their phone number from the site (even though whenever they had the phone number they never answered it) i no it says on there site to leave up to 10 days for delivery but it also says only 5 days for an email response and its been 7, this has happened previously but i thought it was a one off, Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
i will let you no if i get a response, and when/if they are delivered
A-T-B
I've settled in...

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this is my experience with them..
On the front page of their site they have a pic of an ATB(snake with red eyes on their reptile range tab)...
i bought that exact snake and that was a photo they took to send me... when it arrived, with a female, it was in terrible packaging conditions, labeled as live food and the polly box was broken open and the heat packs where no where near the bags. I was told it had eaten a couple of nights before but there was no way this was true... the female had obviously eaten both mice when i examined her. They were very cold.. and the male did not recover and died 2.5 weeks later.
The female did ok for a while but she wasnt in the best of conditions either and after 3 months i had to get her some veterinary treatment for internal parasites from which she did not recover either. Crying or Very sad
When i spoke to the people(a lady) again through email.. as the phone was never answered... she said it had def eaten cos the mouse was gone in the morning and talked to me like i didn't know what i was doing. Evil or Very Mad That's fair enough as she didn't know me.. but she was very happy to sell the snakes to me and i had to tell her to spray the snakes and what temps they should be at while they were being held at their place! Mad
Then my emails were not replied to and i gave up... this was about 2 years ago then their website disappeared until recently.
So my thought is that they are prob better off only being used for insects and with some of the prices they advertise and animals they offer to anyone with a credit card they shouldn't be selling reps at all.
But that is just my experience.

ToM
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index -> Breeder / Suppliers All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: