Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred
A site to share your Reptile experiances & ask questions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Silver Arowana
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index -> Other Pets / Exotics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Emz118
I've settled in...

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awww.... hope his whitespot's gone soon!!! We had a big oscar come in that outgrew a customers tank which went in with the aro, but he (the oscar) attacked him so was moved to a smaller tank on his own. The aro got whitespot then but it went really quickly, within a few days.

Definitely try the lancefish, although it mings!! I used to wash my hands about 12 times afterwards to try and remove the smell!!!

Just another thing I've thought of, when the guys were cleaning the aro out one Sunday, he jumped and gave himself a couple of really nasty sore looking bumps/cuts. Melafix worked a treat on them and he was like new in just over a week.

Emma xXx
Stuart
Forum Clown
Forum Clown

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers Emma..the whitespot is clearing and as stated earlier my water conditions are bang on so hopefully unless stressed he won't get it again..
Funny you should mention melafix..I saw it in the shop the other day and they wanted £64 for a large container full!!! Shocked
Key Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry Stu thought you may have been thinking about merodontotus tigrinus - stunning... if you can find one.

keiron
keiron
Key Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

also i'd stop trying to hand feed once he's about 15" Shocked which won't take long!
Stuart
Forum Clown
Forum Clown

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

keiron wrote:
sorry Stu thought you may have been thinking about merodontotus tigrinus - stunning... if you can find one.

keiron

Wink I would like one of those for sure!..seen a couple going for around £3-400 absolutely stunning..rare as hens teeth though!
as for hand feeding he is very shy but guessing that will change once he is settled!..lol Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index -> Other Pets / Exotics All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: