Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred
A site to share your Reptile experiances & ask questions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sammoyed
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index -> Other Pets / Exotics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stuart
Forum Clown
Forum Clown

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Embarassed Embarassed must admit I scanned through and read it the same way as Dan..sorry..lol..that'll teach me too.. Wink
Jan i know what you mean about people asking questions we get that with our dogue de bordeaux..in the end we just tell people its a turner and hooch,much simpler!.. Laughing
Captivebred Communist

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jan, I've looked at it again and concede i read it the wrong way, for some reason i missread the ":" for a "," Embarassed

I've had what you'd call a shocking day at work and when i replied to this my head was far from being screwed on straight.

Sorry

The future is bright, the future is a net like pattern.................

I'm NOT an expert, so if you don't want to know my opinion don't ask!!
Peter Parrot
Site Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lovely HOUNDS Laughing Samoyeds!

Ours was daft as a brush, really easy to keep "white", was the most tolerant dog I have ever encountered with children even when her WOOL was tugged, and, dispite her "blondeness" she also displayed a strong herding instibct. (obviously not like a collie, but it was definately there)

She died , unfortunately of cancer.

Nothing like a Husky whatsoever. Even though she got called one almost daily, as well as the odd "wolf" comment. Rolling Eyes
Visit our website - Gwelwch ein Gwefan
www.btcvcymru.org
Llinell Gymorth / Helpline: 08702 40 48 41
Jan O
Key Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Samoyeds are still used in Siberia to herd Reindeer. The Samoyed tribe often leave new born children in the same tents as the dogs as they are very protective.. The explorer Roald Amundson used them in preference to Huskies for sled pulling as he said they may not be as fast but have more stamina. Queen Victoria was presented with one as a gift. Thats it for useless trivia. I too have had the day from hell and was in one of my " i hate people" moods earlier on, its always the species Homo sapien which drives me insane! Love Jan
Budsteam
Key Member

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems many people think that every Spitz is a husky - get the same with our Akitas, I can understand it a bit with Roxy as she is black silver and white, but buster is red and white - and twice the weight of a husky - ever seen a fat red husky Shocked ??!!

Lovely sammy - beautiful face, as you say tell she's a real killer!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index -> Other Pets / Exotics All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: