Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred
A site to share your Reptile experiances & ask questions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Biting the hand that feeds!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index -> Corn, Kings, Rat & Milk snakes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
devboy
Contributing Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 11:34 pm    Post subject: Biting the hand that feeds! Reply with quote

Today was mass cleaning day and frozen food delivery day. Combining the two always makes for a fun packed day, as the snakes can smell the food and expect a meal. I usually leave the C. subradiatus for a good hour or two on such occasions, to make sure that there isn't too much of a rodent odour, as these snakes will attempt to eat me anyway, regardless of the presence or absence of rodent smell.

This was the last sub of the day to clean out, thankfully and things had been going pretty well, only a few nips and secondary exploratory bites to make sure I wasn't food. Then this guy, affectionately known as sub 2. I open the tub and out launches the snake, like a 'jack in the box', immediately attaching itself to my hand. A firm bite on my thumb, which required the snake to be put in a bucket of clean water for a few minutes before he'd let go. Once out of the bucket he immediately bite my finger and chewed down to the middle knuckle. Again the underwater treatment was employed to get myself free. Feeling cooler than he'd like and disappointed that he hadn't bagged himself a nice meal, he let go and let me clean his tub out, without further excitement.

I'm afraid I only have one picture as my hands got really wet with the bucket trick afterwards. That sub spent so much time under water that his abbreviation seems like an apt full name! Laughing Yes, the bloody thing in his mouth is my thumb.

PS - Sorry for my absence, just so busy to post on boards nowadays, will try though keep up the good work gang! Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index -> Corn, Kings, Rat & Milk snakes All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: