Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred
A site to share your Reptile experiances & ask questions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Dwarf burmese

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index -> Boas & Pythons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mike h
CaptiveBred Addict!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 2:38 pm    Post subject: Dwarf burmese Reply with quote

Hi all
Looking for info on Dwarf burmese,
size
temperament
price
rarity
cage size etc etc

any experts out there, all info as always appreciated.
thanks
mike
James
CaptiveBred Addict!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ive reading abit about these lately, and would also be interested in some information on these guys. Iam sure there are people keeping them on here infact i think Scott has had or even still has some? another name that seems to keep popping up is PeterF I think he has actually breed them? One particle thing i am interested in about them is the difference between the dwarfs and normal burms, from what i have read on http://www.dwarfburmese.co.uk/ Cool there is a visible difference? I have read the pattern is different but with so much variation in patterns how can you tell? some pics would be great Very Happy
hogboy
CaptiveBred Addict!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From the few i've seen in person, the pattern is a lot spikier
thats the only way i can describe the difference,
They do seem to have a lot more 'Attitude' than standard burms
snakesalive
Key Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi ya i have a couple my self , and they general way you tell them apart, is that standered bumrs do not have very many if at all spots in the rivers so to speak inetween the saddles, where as dwarfs have islands in all of their rivers between the saddles,

hope that helps

k
Scott W
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

James wrote:
Ive reading abit about these lately, and would also be interested in some information on these guys. Iam sure there are people keeping them on here infact i think Scott has had or even still has some? another name that seems to keep popping up is PeterF I think he has actually breed them? One particle thing i am interested in about them is the difference between the dwarfs and normal burms, from what i have read on http://www.dwarfburmese.co.uk/ Cool there is a visible difference? I have read the pattern is different but with so much variation in patterns how can you tell? some pics would be great Very Happy

wow...totally forgot I set up that web site Embarassed Laughing

Yep, I have a pair, not attempted breeding yet, although they are old and big enough, I'm saving her for a nice het leucistic burmese male Wink

Please DO NOT pm orders for reptiles, send email instead scott@captivebred.co.uk
jon_g
Key Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

snakesalive wrote:
hi ya i have a couple my self , and they general way you tell them apart, is that standered bumrs do not have very many if at all spots in the rivers so to speak inetween the saddles, where as dwarfs have islands in all of their rivers between the saddles,

hope that helps

k

Hi Karl while this is true, all south east asian burms seem to have these islands but there are very few examples in the hobby, burms from java and bali look identical pattern wise, but the noses on the dwarf burms are shorter and a little more narrow, its quite a distinctive population.

The burms from java and bali are medium sized also not getting as big as the ones in most collections already.

http://www.worldwidefauna.com

Exporters from Indonesia, You have tried the rest now try the best!!

http://worldwidefauna.com/index.php?cPath=52_22

http://www.ecoterrariumsupply.com/
James
CaptiveBred Addict!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for all your replies, didn't know about the noses ill have go searching for more pics Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index -> Boas & Pythons All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: