Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred
A site to share your Reptile experiances & ask questions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

E. hahneli breeding

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index -> Amphibians
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sam
CaptiveBred Addict!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 1:21 pm    Post subject: E. hahneli breeding Reply with quote

Been away for a bit due to exams, but now I am back (very briefly!) I passed all the exams, so am going into 4th year vet med next year, woo!

Anyway, in the brief period before I start a rather time consuming summer research project heres an update of the breeding activity of one of my favourite frogs, Epipedobates hahneli.

Heres one of my males carrying a large clutch of tadpoles:

Also, I have 2 clutches of tadpoles in the water, hatched on the 13th of april and 1st of may. So far one of these tads has morphed. 7 out of 8 eggs of the clutch before these morphed, and 6 of these survived to receiving adult colouration (at around a week to 10 days), so there are a few froglets on the go right now!
mcfluffin
CaptiveBred Addict!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well done with thoise exams Sam... Very Happy Such a nice feeling getting through the exams...I don;t miss it...sounds like you'll still have quite a few more to do though Confused

Looks like the frogs are getting their summer off to a good start Very Happy Are you making time out of your project to come to the next meet?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index -> Amphibians All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: