Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred
A site to share your Reptile experiances & ask questions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

any sugar glider owners
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index -> Other Pets / Exotics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
glidergirl
Contributing Member

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lol, I'll say no more then!!
Ailurus
Captivebred Communist

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

whats funny? please say more!

Snakes: :Pantherophis: :Coelognathus: :Lampropeltis: :Heterodon: :Antaresia:
Lizards: :Rhacodactylus: :Pogona: :Goniurosaurus:

http://www.youtube.com/user/Ailurus27
glidergirl
Contributing Member

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nothing, honestly, even if there was it's not something I'd be willing to discuss anyway! Wink
Ailurus
Captivebred Communist

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well there obviously is something, would you mind telling me in a pm, as i am intrigued

linket22
I'm new here...

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

from my personal dealings, my glider was sexed wrong when i took it to the shop and it was not a young glider, the dietry advise was as i have discovered very poor with bad supplements and and food items not really adequate especially coming from someone who always states that they are the only uk member of the isga. unless things have changed recently the adults in the back of the shop were not really housed good enough in a large enough cage. Also as these animals are social and needing to be able to of bonded with humans so they are the amazing pets they can be with no one in the shop in the evening this wouldn't be achieved. Gliders diets and care has changed a lot in recent years but the advice doesn't seem to of changed.
Ailurus
Captivebred Communist

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
from my personal dealings, my glider was sexed wrong when i took it to the shop and it was not a young glider, the dietry advise was as i have discovered very poor with bad supplements and and food items not really adequate especially coming from someone who always states that they are the only uk member of the isga. unless things have changed recently the adults in the back of the shop were not really housed good enough in a large enough cage. Also as these animals are social and needing to be able to of bonded with humans so they are the amazing pets they can be with no one in the shop in the evening this wouldn't be achieved. Gliders diets and care has changed a lot in recent years but the advice doesn't seem to of changed.

ok thanks.

I was just saying how they are kept at where i work, i do not claim to be an expert of them and working there has been my first experiance of working with these fascinating creatures.

linket22
I'm new here...

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thats fine mate, i wasnt holding you responsible Smile
pamela_s
Contributing Member

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

its a long one Embarassed amey zoo is my local rep shop and i have never had any problems, my sisters has also been going there for years with no trouble and mark has checked over many of there reps, i got my first snake a corn (amber) from him about 4 months ago, he asked loads of questions when i bought her like what temp to keep them at, what basking temp, what substrate and so on as he wanted to make sure i knew my stuff and was happy to answer any questions i had. im planning on upgrading her living space and am going to take her in to be checked over as he don't mind. i was also planning on getting my gliders from him (it surprises me that ppl have had bad experiences) when i asked about gliders he explained they are not your average pet and need special care and time and that i needed to take a lot of things in to account like housing and dietary needs and pet insurance and find a vet that can care for suggies before hand etc.. he also advised me to get the biggest cadge i could get (room etc and if i couldn't fit a big one then they wouldn't be the best pet to get) witch i was going to by from him (5f - 2ft i think) when i was next in we were going to discuss it further, he also said that if i didn't have a suggie already i would need to buy 2, i think one is £150 and he does 2 for £200 think i was going to check Smile as he wants them to go in pairs. i have been on glider girls forum which has great info and help at hand tho i need to get on computer more lately as you can't get to much info Smile and am not sure what info mark has gave me that is wrong
Contributing Member

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a thread on Sugar Lumps that could answer your question Pamela.
pamela_s
Contributing Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok cheers will have a read
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index -> Other Pets / Exotics All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: