Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred
A site to share your Reptile experiances & ask questions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Rumbles First Ramble
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index -> Lizards - General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Johelian
I've settled in...

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aww, I love his patterning - Grover is more spotty than stripey, but both his parents have stripes so his markings may develop as he gets older.

I have a couple of pics of Grovers life (lol, I took pics of him almost every time he moved!)

Grovers mum Nimbus, a few days before the birth

Just over 1 Day Old!

Climbing, 6 days old

9 Days old:

With family, just over 1 month old

Snuggling with Dad
exoticsandtropics
I'm new here...

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah tese are great animnals really interesting and great. so sad when i had to sell mine on. apart from getting a good night sleep for a change!

CURRENTLY 20% OFF EVERYTHING
Johelian
I've settled in...

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Exoticsandtropics, perhaps you will remember this big guy Smile :

You may not recognise this little gal...but you do know her!

They are doing very well, particularly the little female that was very skinny.
Ailurus
Captivebred Communist

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow great pics

we have a few at work, they are awesome. Our adults are really grumpy, the babies (well youngsters, 1 year old) are really nice and mellow though. What are the temperaments on urs like

i am not use on the sex of the babies but i know we have 2.2 adults. how many do you have?

Snakes: :Pantherophis: :Coelognathus: :Lampropeltis: :Heterodon: :Antaresia:
Lizards: :Rhacodactylus: :Pogona: :Goniurosaurus:

http://www.youtube.com/user/Ailurus27
Johelian
I've settled in...

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heya,
I have 8 of these. 2 of my adult males are very outgoing and friendly eat-from-your-hand types; the third adult male is VERY protective of his females, and will bite if you intrude on his territory and disturb him. All of my females bar one alternate between aggressive and flighty - though theyre all aggressive right now as theyre in breeding mode. The one female that is better natured can be handfed etc, but can be easily spooked if you move too fast etc. Although you can touch the ones mentioned above without trouble, none of them like being physically picked up.

My baby veers between all out defensive behaviour, inflating his chest and snapping when approached, to very excitable curiousity that has him following your hands through the cage looking for treats. He is highly unpredictable lol!

Where do you work?
miffikins
Contributing Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The babies are SOOO cute!! Grover is an awesome name lol. I handled a female on a herp course I did and she was very placid, damn strong grip though!!

I find their social behaviour totally fascinating....

Kate
Ailurus
Captivebred Communist

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Heya,
I have 8 of these. 2 of my adult males are very outgoing and friendly eat-from-your-hand types; the third adult male is VERY protective of his females, and will bite if you intrude on his territory and disturb him. All of my females bar one alternate between aggressive and flighty - though theyre all aggressive right now as theyre in breeding mode. The one female that is better natured can be handfed etc, but can be easily spooked if you move too fast etc. Although you can touch the ones mentioned above without trouble, none of them like being physically picked up.

My baby veers between all out defensive behaviour, inflating his chest and snapping when approached, to very excitable curiousity that has him following your hands through the cage looking for treats. He is highly unpredictable lol!

Where do you work?

thanks for the reply, they sound great. 8 woah thats alot. that must have cost u a fair amount lol, but they are worth it as they are awesome.

i work at a reptile shop near where i live. It is in Bovingdon in Hertfordshire, the shop is called Ameyzoo. But they are kept out the back, so they cannot be seen unless asked. I haven't been working their long.

Johelian
I've settled in...

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Kate Very Happy My boyfriend really liked the name as he is crazy about mangoves and mangrove swamps...dont ask lol

Ailurus, yep I know the place - Mark has showed me one of the babies and one of the really nasty adult males! Very Happy I have several animals from there. Its not very local to me so I dont come by too often though.

We have been collecting these since 2006, so the cost has been spread a bit...it hasnt been TOO bad, but there has been a lot of driving stress to factor in! Laughing
Ailurus
Captivebred Communist

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Ailurus, yep I know the place - Mark has showed me one of the babies and one of the really nasty adult males! I have several animals from there. Its not very local to me so I dont come by too often though.

We have been collecting these since 2006, so the cost has been spread a bit...it hasnt been TOO bad, but there has been a lot of driving stress to factor in!

glad u know of it. maybe see you around some time lol. and call me tom, its easier to spell Smile

lol, well i think they are worth the price, but still way out of my price range.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index -> Lizards - General All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: