Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred
A site to share your Reptile experiances & ask questions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Subjects needed

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index -> Snakes - General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mikeyp
I've settled in...

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 4:02 pm    Post subject: Subjects needed Reply with quote

Hi

I'm currently studying zoology at Anglia Ruskin University in cambridge and am about to start my dissertation project that will span over the next year and a half. I'm going to be looking at the pressure exerted by constrictors when they take a prey item and how the size of the prey item affects the pressure exerted. To my knowledge this is the first look into this area of constriction, i have been in contact with Brad Moon at the University of Louisiana who has done some research and published papers on the constriction of snakes and he suggested i look into this particular avenue.

What i will need is anyone who would be willing to let me come over on feeding day and setup the equipment and record the pressure exerted by their snakes when they feed. To get good results i'm looking for any species of snake that constricts when it takes the defrost item.

The project is still in the early stages and i'm looking for an idea of how many subjects i can get for my data, i will be using my own snakes in it and those of my friends, anyone who is interested can pm me with their details and a phone number and i will get back to them. As i said the project is in its early stages and i'm still waiting for the equipment so i wont start collecting data for the next couple of months or so.

Cheers Mike
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index -> Snakes - General All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: