Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred
A site to share your Reptile experiances & ask questions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Leopard Tortoises

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index -> Tortoises & Turtles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nikki76
I'm new here...

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 3:42 am    Post subject: Leopard Tortoises Reply with quote

Hi
I have two, five-year-old Leopard tortoises, and would like to hear from anyone who also keeps Leopards. It would be good to share advice on housing (both indoor and outdoor) and any dietary tips, etc. I am currently setting up some outdoor housing for my Leopards for the summer months (which will involve them being able to come and go from a heated shed, out into the garden for natural UV, basking and grass grazing). They have a spare bedroom in my house, for the winter months, and this will still be available for cold spells and nightime if required. If you also keep Leopard tortoises, it would be good to hear of your arrangements and what works well.
GetCoiled
I've settled in...

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 6:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi there,
I currently keep 5 babies of G.p.babcocki (eastern leopard tortoise). They are F1 from Uganda parents and were born here in Italy on January. I'm still waiting very warm weather to put them all outdoor as I have no chance to let them come in and out. As far now I keep the babies indoor in a sunny room with 2 arcadia 7% at 20 cm. above them to offer them the proper amount of UVB. I feed them with dried wild leafy greens and opuntia.
Cheers
Stef
trunx
I'm new here...

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

why dried food?
GetCoiled
I've settled in...

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

to not piramidalizing them
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index -> Tortoises & Turtles All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: