Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred
A site to share your Reptile experiances & ask questions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Keeping the wiring tidy and electric heaters!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rotor
Contributing Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 4:13 pm    Post subject: Keeping the wiring tidy and electric heaters! Reply with quote

Firstly, just wondering what you guys use to keep your wiring tidy... I am looking for some gismo/junction box that will allow for say 8 heat-mat cables to go in and 1 mains cable to come out... I am trying to avoid loads of plugs and extension leads all over the place!

Secondly, I am looking for an electric heater for my 5m x 5m snake room. The room is very well insulated and I suspect the heat-mats and ceramics will keep the temperature at a reasonable level but wanted to use a reliable thermostatically controlled heater to top up the ambient when and if required.

Any tips would be most welcome...

Ball Pythons
Tokay Geckos
Scott W
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't help on the cables as mine are a mass of tangled wires Embarassed I guess you can buy some neat junction boxes from a good electrical shop, just tell them what you want to use it for and they will show you what you need.

As for the heater, I used to use an oil filled radiator it worked great.

Please DO NOT pm orders for reptiles, send email instead scott@captivebred.co.uk
rotor
Contributing Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scott W wrote:
Can't help on the cables as mine are a mass of tangled wires Embarassed I guess you can buy some neat junction boxes from a good electrical shop, just tell them what you want to use it for and they will show you what you need.

As for the heater, I used to use an oil filled radiator it worked great.

Thanks Scott

Ball Pythons
Tokay Geckos
rotor
Contributing Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not much interest in this thread but I thought I would update it anyway.
After a lot of research it appears that the most efficient electric heater I can find is a German system that effectively works in the same way as a wet gas or oil fired central heating system.

Here is the link for anyone interested. http://www.heatandcool.co.uk/

They are quite expensive £475 delivered (2000W model) but they do come with a 30 year guarantee and if the write up on cost savings are true then I think this would be money well spent!

Ball Pythons
Tokay Geckos
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Reptile Forum, Reptile Classifieds - CaptiveBred Forum Index -> General All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: